Alexandra Pelaghias-Christodoulou was born in Nicosia, Cyprus. She graduated from DeMontfort University Leicester with a BA (Hons) Law in 1983.
She was admitted as a Member of the Cyprus Bar Association in 1984 and has been practicing law ever since. Alexandra is now one of the Managing Partners at the law firm Pelaghias, Christodoulou, Vrachas L.L.C. as same was renamed when Petros Fr. Vrachas joined the law firm in 1992.
Alexandra has a wide scope of expertise across numerous legal practice areas. Specifically, she has a wide range of experience in corporate and commercial law, shipping & ship finance, financial services & investments, banking & finance, immigration law, energy law and international tax planning.
Current Member of the Board of Directors of Professional Organisations/Associations
- GLOBALAW – A worldwide legal network
- Cyprus-Slovak Business Association (CSBA)
Current Member of Professional Associations & Memberships
- Shipping Committee of the Cyprus Bar Association
- Cyprus Investment Funds Association (CIFA)
- New York State Bar Association (NYSBA) – Cyprus Committee Roster
- Propeller Club of the United States – International Port of Limassol
- Member of the Cyprus-Russian Business Association (CYRUBA)
Past Member of the Board of Directors of Professional Organisations/Associations
- Cyprus Electricity Authority where she served for almost 3 years.
- Board of Directors of the Cyprus Broadcasting Corporation
Past Member of Professional Organisations/Associations
- Legal Committee of the Democratic Rally
- Committee for Regulation Tobacco Advertisements